British Airways staff lobby MP over ‘brutal fire and rehire’
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
British Airways (BA) staff are calling on Weston’s MP to join more than 230 MPs who have pledged to review BA’s ‘fire and rehire’ policy on thousands of its staff.
MPs are calling for a review of the airline’s landing and take-off slots as BA seeks to fire its workforce and rehire those that survive on inferior contracts.
BA Betrayal campaigners are taking the fight to Weston’s MP John Penrose to increase the pressure on the Government to act.
Unite executive officer Sharon Graham said: “Many thousands of BA workers are being subjected to the most brutal ‘fire and rehire’ strategy. British Airways is a national disgrace and actions against them will continue.
“So far, more than 230 MPs have added their name to our call for BA’s privileged landing slots to be reviewed and the numbers continue to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“BA’s scorched earth approach will have consequences.”
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course