British Airways staff lobby MP over ‘brutal fire and rehire’
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
British Airways (BA) staff are calling on Weston’s MP to join more than 230 MPs who have pledged to review BA’s ‘fire and rehire’ policy on thousands of its staff.
MPs are calling for a review of the airline’s landing and take-off slots as BA seeks to fire its workforce and rehire those that survive on inferior contracts.
BA Betrayal campaigners are taking the fight to Weston’s MP John Penrose to increase the pressure on the Government to act.
Unite executive officer Sharon Graham said: “Many thousands of BA workers are being subjected to the most brutal ‘fire and rehire’ strategy. British Airways is a national disgrace and actions against them will continue.
“So far, more than 230 MPs have added their name to our call for BA’s privileged landing slots to be reviewed and the numbers continue to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“BA’s scorched earth approach will have consequences.”
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters