British Airways staff lobby MP over ‘brutal fire and rehire’
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
British Airways (BA) staff are calling on Weston’s MP to join more than 230 MPs who have pledged to review BA’s ‘fire and rehire’ policy on thousands of its staff.
MPs are calling for a review of the airline’s landing and take-off slots as BA seeks to fire its workforce and rehire those that survive on inferior contracts.
BA Betrayal campaigners are taking the fight to Weston’s MP John Penrose to increase the pressure on the Government to act.
Unite executive officer Sharon Graham said: “Many thousands of BA workers are being subjected to the most brutal ‘fire and rehire’ strategy. British Airways is a national disgrace and actions against them will continue.
“So far, more than 230 MPs have added their name to our call for BA’s privileged landing slots to be reviewed and the numbers continue to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“BA’s scorched earth approach will have consequences.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event