British Airways staff lobby MP over ‘brutal fire and rehire’
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
British Airways (BA) staff are calling on Weston’s MP to join more than 230 MPs who have pledged to review BA’s ‘fire and rehire’ policy on thousands of its staff.
MPs are calling for a review of the airline’s landing and take-off slots as BA seeks to fire its workforce and rehire those that survive on inferior contracts.
BA Betrayal campaigners are taking the fight to Weston’s MP John Penrose to increase the pressure on the Government to act.
Unite executive officer Sharon Graham said: “Many thousands of BA workers are being subjected to the most brutal ‘fire and rehire’ strategy. British Airways is a national disgrace and actions against them will continue.
“So far, more than 230 MPs have added their name to our call for BA’s privileged landing slots to be reviewed and the numbers continue to grow.
You may also want to watch:
“BA’s scorched earth approach will have consequences.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 5 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years