Gala auction raises more than £3k for charities
- Credit: Archant
Burnham and Highbridge Town Council Mayor Bill Hancock held his second charity auction, raising more than £3,000 for good causes in the area.
He hailed it a ‘fantastic’ evening and hopes the event will ‘keep going’ under the guidance of a new mayor next year.
The theme for the event, held on February 16, was clean and safe beaches, and charities including Burnham’s RNLI, BARB and Litter Free Coast & Sea Somerset will benefit from the funds.
The mayor said: “It was a fantastic night had by everyone and we managed to raise £3,322.
“The event was sold-out and we could have had twice as many tickets.”
You may also want to watch:
“Last year we raised money for children with special needs, and I hope the funds will make a difference.
“I would like to thank everyone who helped us run the auction, and I hope someone will keep it going next year.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple