Man killed in fatal Burnham crash named
- Credit: Archant
A Burnham man killed in a fatal crash in the town has been named.
Stephen Spaven died after being struck by a Royal Mail lorry at the junction of Love Lane and St Peters Road in Burnham, while the 55-year-old and his wife, Susan, were taking their dog Toby for a walk, at 4.30pm on December 14.
Mr Spaven and Toby died at the scene. Mrs Spaven suffered serious injuries and was taken to Southmead Hospital, but has since been released.
Mrs Spaven said: “I would like to thank all the emergency services for their help and support, from the doctor who held my hand in the ambulance to the police family liaison officer.
“I’m also extremely grateful to the community of Burnham for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
The police investigation into the incident continues.
Anyone with useful information should call the police on 101, quoting reference 5218276435.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows