More than a thousand people attend annual beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Scores of people flocked to a popular beer festival over the bank holiday weekend.
Organisers of The Ritz Social Club in Burnham hailed their event a huge success, which saw hundreds attend on its opening night.
Around 100 musicians performed and around 15 ales and some ciders were available for people to try at the get-together, which was held from Friday to Monday.
The festival is the ninth hosted by the club, in Victoria Street, and the club would like to thank the 1,500 people who made it possible to host the gathering.
Paul Hale said: "The festival went extremely well.
You may also want to watch:
"It was really busy when the event kick-started, which saw more than 200 people attend on Friday night.
"We would like to thank the musicians who took part over the course of the weekend and to anyone who has helped us out on the real-ale bar.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
"It will definitely return next year for its 10th anniversary."