More than a thousand people attend annual beer festival
- Credit: Archant
Scores of people flocked to a popular beer festival over the bank holiday weekend.
Organisers of The Ritz Social Club in Burnham hailed their event a huge success, which saw hundreds attend on its opening night.
Around 100 musicians performed and around 15 ales and some ciders were available for people to try at the get-together, which was held from Friday to Monday.
The festival is the ninth hosted by the club, in Victoria Street, and the club would like to thank the 1,500 people who made it possible to host the gathering.
Paul Hale said: "The festival went extremely well.
"It was really busy when the event kick-started, which saw more than 200 people attend on Friday night.
"We would like to thank the musicians who took part over the course of the weekend and to anyone who has helped us out on the real-ale bar.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 10 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
"It will definitely return next year for its 10th anniversary."