PICTURES: Annual half-marathon ‘a great success’
- Credit: Archant
The last of the summer sun beat down on more than 230 runners as they took part in a town’s annual half marathon on Sunday.
The starting gun sounded at Burnham's BASC Ground before runners headed along Love Lane and Queen's Drive, then along the A38 towards Brent Knoll and through East Brent, Lympsham, Wick Road and Red Road before returning to Burnham.
Matthew Lusby was first to finish with a time of 1:15:15, followed by Kyle Darragh in second with a time of 1:15:36.
Henry Gow came in third, completing the course in 1:16:35.
Race organiser, Stuart Anderson, praised volunteers who gave up time on a Sunday to make the event possible.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "A big thank you goes to the Burnham Lions for marshalling the event, and the great job done by the Huntspill and Highbridge Scouts for handing out the much-needed water around the course and organising the car parking.
"Thanks also to the Burnham-On-Sea Harriers who helped organise and run the event, which was a great success."
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows