Pub donates £1.2k to air ambulance air charity
- Credit: Mike Lang
A family fun day in aid of Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Charity raised more than £1,220.
The event's organisers presented a cheque to air ambulance fundraisers for the amount on Tuesday.
People could try-out fairground stalls, listen to live music and admire vintage cars at The Lighthouse Inn's get-together, in Burnham, on August 17.
Event organiser, Rob Coombes, is grateful to everyone who went along to it.
MORE: PICTURES: Family fun day raises £1k for ambulance charityHe said: "I want to thank everyone for their support and continued help to keep the gathering running during the day."
The charity has been established for 19 years and costs around £4million a year to run.
You may also want to watch:
An air ambulance charity spokesman said: 'Thank you to The Lighthouse Inn for this cheque.
"Each rescue flight made by the air ambulance costs around £3,000 and we fly for approximately 19 hours a day in double shifts across the county, so these donated funds are essential."
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 5 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 6 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 7 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 8 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend