Pub donates £1.2k to air ambulance air charity
- Credit: Mike Lang
A family fun day in aid of Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Charity raised more than £1,220.
The event's organisers presented a cheque to air ambulance fundraisers for the amount on Tuesday.
People could try-out fairground stalls, listen to live music and admire vintage cars at The Lighthouse Inn's get-together, in Burnham, on August 17.
Event organiser, Rob Coombes, is grateful to everyone who went along to it.
MORE: PICTURES: Family fun day raises £1k for ambulance charityHe said: "I want to thank everyone for their support and continued help to keep the gathering running during the day."
The charity has been established for 19 years and costs around £4million a year to run.
You may also want to watch:
An air ambulance charity spokesman said: 'Thank you to The Lighthouse Inn for this cheque.
"Each rescue flight made by the air ambulance costs around £3,000 and we fly for approximately 19 hours a day in double shifts across the county, so these donated funds are essential."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder