Pub donates £1.2k to air ambulance air charity
- Credit: Mike Lang
A family fun day in aid of Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance Charity raised more than £1,220.
The event's organisers presented a cheque to air ambulance fundraisers for the amount on Tuesday.
People could try-out fairground stalls, listen to live music and admire vintage cars at The Lighthouse Inn's get-together, in Burnham, on August 17.
Event organiser, Rob Coombes, is grateful to everyone who went along to it.
MORE: PICTURES: Family fun day raises £1k for ambulance charityHe said: "I want to thank everyone for their support and continued help to keep the gathering running during the day."
The charity has been established for 19 years and costs around £4million a year to run.
An air ambulance charity spokesman said: 'Thank you to The Lighthouse Inn for this cheque.
"Each rescue flight made by the air ambulance costs around £3,000 and we fly for approximately 19 hours a day in double shifts across the county, so these donated funds are essential."
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 5 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch