Sisters to represent Team GB in World Waterski Racing Championships
- Credit: Speedbird Waterski Racing
Two sisters from Burnham have been selected to compete in the World Waterski Racing Championships in France.
Hannah and Lauren Bird, aged 19 and 17 respectively, will be competing on behalf of Wales and Austria as part of the championships in the city of Vichy in September.
Hannah will be skiing with Team Stand and Deliver and Lauren will be waterskiing with Team Bumble Bee.
The sisters released a joint statement and said: “We are both very excited to be the first ever sisters in Britain to be selected for the championships.
“Just this in itself makes us very proud to be going together and representing Team GB.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Speedbird Waterski Racing said: “There is a lot of training to be done between now and then, with Hannah having to get through physio first from her foot injury she sustained in August.
“We are sure if anyone can come back stronger, she can.”
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset