Burst water main closes A38 road
- Credit: North Somerset Travel and Roads
Drivers have been advised to find alternative routes after a main road has shut in both directions due to a burst water main.
The A38 in Winscombe remains closed between the junction of Oakridge Lane to Bridgwater Road, and will be shut for ‘some time’ while Bristol Water assesses the damage.
The company will excavate the road to conduct its repairs.
North Somerset Council was called to a report of significant damage to the carriageway on the A38 early this morning (Friday).
Bristol Water is looking into opening the road under two-way traffic lights, which the council says will only take place if the damage has not reached both lanes of the highway. The diversion route is shown on the picture attached to this story.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and find alternative routes.
There were no reported injuries as a result of the burst water main.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre