Bus catches fire on main road

PUBLISHED: 11:25 25 May 2012

Reader Craig Hooper's photo of the burnt-out bus

Reader Craig Hooper's photo of the burnt-out bus

(c) copyright citizenside.com

A BUS caught fire on a major A road yesterday (Thurs).

The First Bus was on the A38 at Shute Shelve when it caught fire at about 4.30pm.

All of its passengers and the driver were able to get clear of the vehicle unharmed.

Two fire engines from Cheddar and one from Winscombe attended the blaze, and put it out with three hose reel jets and breathing apparatus.

Crews then checked the vehicle with a thermal imaging camera to ensure it was out.

A spokesman for Devon Fire and Rescue said the cause of the fire had not been recorded.

This photo was sent in to us by reader Craig Hooper through our iwitness site.

You can become part of our reporting team too, simply by logging onto weston.iwitness24.co.uk


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Weston Mercury