No trains to run between Weston and Bristol this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers will face disruption this weekend as ‘important’ maintenance will force the line between Bristol and Weston to close.
No trains will run along the line tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, as well as March 30-31.
On both weekends a bus replacement service will be in operation between Weston and Bristol Temple Meads.
Network Rail’s project may cause a few headaches for runners who planned to catch the train to take part in the Weston Half Marathon on Sunday.
GWR performance director Barry Milsom said: “This is an important piece of work which will help improve the reliability of the railway infrastructure, and I would like to thank passengers for their patience over these weekends.
You may also want to watch:
“We recognise this will mean some journey times will increase while this work is taking place, but we will be diverting services to help keep customers moving.”
Work is also being carried out at Yatton Railway Station.
- 1 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 2 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 6 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 7 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 8 GALLERY: Photographers capture springtime snapshots in Weston-super-Mare
- 9 Winscombe gardening business gets Alan Titchmarsh's blessing
- 10 Independent brewery launches Crowdfunder for business expansion
Forty parking spaces have been roped off until April 24 for ‘essential track renewal work’.