No trains to run between Weston and Bristol this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers will face disruption this weekend as ‘important’ maintenance will force the line between Bristol and Weston to close.
No trains will run along the line tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, as well as March 30-31.
On both weekends a bus replacement service will be in operation between Weston and Bristol Temple Meads.
Network Rail’s project may cause a few headaches for runners who planned to catch the train to take part in the Weston Half Marathon on Sunday.
GWR performance director Barry Milsom said: “This is an important piece of work which will help improve the reliability of the railway infrastructure, and I would like to thank passengers for their patience over these weekends.
You may also want to watch:
“We recognise this will mean some journey times will increase while this work is taking place, but we will be diverting services to help keep customers moving.”
Work is also being carried out at Yatton Railway Station.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
Forty parking spaces have been roped off until April 24 for ‘essential track renewal work’.