No trains to run between Weston and Bristol this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers will face disruption this weekend as ‘important’ maintenance will force the line between Bristol and Weston to close.
No trains will run along the line tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday, as well as March 30-31.
On both weekends a bus replacement service will be in operation between Weston and Bristol Temple Meads.
Network Rail’s project may cause a few headaches for runners who planned to catch the train to take part in the Weston Half Marathon on Sunday.
GWR performance director Barry Milsom said: “This is an important piece of work which will help improve the reliability of the railway infrastructure, and I would like to thank passengers for their patience over these weekends.
“We recognise this will mean some journey times will increase while this work is taking place, but we will be diverting services to help keep customers moving.”
Work is also being carried out at Yatton Railway Station.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 3 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 4 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
- 5 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 6 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 7 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 8 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 9 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 10 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
Forty parking spaces have been roped off until April 24 for ‘essential track renewal work’.