20 jobs lost as motoring firm quits Weston
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Twenty jobs have been lost after a Weston-super-Mare motor parts firm went into administration today (Tuesday).
Motor Supplies (Weston) Limited traded from Winterstoke Road and specialised in the supply of parts to both trade and public buyers.
However, the firm ceased trading earlier today, when administrators were called in and all staff were informed their positions were redundant.
The firm began trading in 1982, and had an annual turnover of £1.2million, according to its most recent published accounts.
Bosses say the closure is a result of increased competition caused by national chains moving into the area.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Ball, a Bristol-based partner at accountants and business advisors Mazars, has been appointed joint administrator.
He said: “It is sad to see a local independent business, which has been operating for nearly 35 years, struggling to compete in a highly-competitive and price-sensitive market.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 9 Planking your way to better health
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“The business has ceased trading. Despite this, the administrators are seeking a buyer for the business and assets.”