£350k upgrade for country health club
- Credit: Archant
A NORTH Somerset health club and spa is set to benefit from a £350,000 extension.
Members of theclub at DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House in Congresbury will soon be able to enjoy a new quiet and relaxation area, sun deck and an outside sauna and hot tub, as well as an eating area.
The work is expected to last for eight to 10 weeks and will see the new building being positioned to the front of the existing health club in Frost Hill.
It is expected to open early next year.
The outdoor area will mean both guests and members will be able to enjoy views over the North Somerset countryside. However, the relaxation and quiet areas will be located inside the extension and will offer a child-free zone where adults can de-stress and unwind.
theclub’s general manager Jason Eaton said: “We’ve seen a steady rise in the demand for spa days as theclub has become the venue of choice for those looking for a pamper day or weekend in the region.
You may also want to watch:
“Adding this to our 4,000 strong membership means we are able to further extend our appeal here.
“We are constantly looking at ways in which we can improve what we provide for our guests and members, and the outside area and quiet zone have been something we’ve been missing.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 3 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 9 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 10 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
“We’ve also had a lot of feedback over the years asking if we were ever going to provide an outside area so it’s great to respond to that feedback.
“Continually improving members and guests’ experience is what sets us apart from other health clubs and all being well, we plan to open this new area in 2016.”