50 new jobs as firm looks to end ‘horror stories’
FIFTY new jobs will be created in the Weston area through the launch of a new firm which says it is committed to wiping out the ‘horror stories’ of elderly care.
Home Instead Senior Care will be based in Weston and provide services to older people in surrounding communities to allow them to stay living independently for longer.
Those services can include companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping and shopping.
The new company is the fruit of a new partnership between Joe Spitzer and Vicky Lodge, who each bring their own expertise to the fledgling firm.
Vicky – whose family has lived in Weston for more than 30 years – has extensive experience in domiciliary care, and Joe is an IT manager with first-hand experience of the value of such services.
You may also want to watch:
Joe said: “I had been looking to start my own business and the combination of having looked after my elderly parents and a strong sense of community inspired me to launch this service in the Weston area.
“We will provide quality in everything we do. You hear such horror stories and my pledge is that the care we provide is the care I would want for myself and my loved ones.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
“Obviously in order to achieve these high standards I am on the lookout for kind, compassionate and like-minded individuals who may be interested in joining the company and helping us to take care of our older people.”
And Vicky added: “I’m very excited about working with Joe to bring Home Instead’s care services to my home town.
“Fortunately I have a big family who all live in the area, but I know how tough it can be when an elderly relative is in need of care.
“Home Instead reduces the need for older people to go into residential care by looking after them in their own homes.”