�50m Leisuredome ski complex announce Subway link-up
INTERNATIONAL food giant Subway has been confirmed as one of the first major retailers to sign up to the new �50million winter sports complex.
They will be joined by SOHO Coffee Co, takeaway chain Tennessee Chicken and local brewers Butcombe at the new Leisuredome.
The complex, to be built on the old RAF Locking site, will include a 210-metre ski slope and a 40-metre indoor climbing wall.
It was given the green light to press head with the development back in September, when the Secretary of State raised no objections to North Somerset Council granting initial planning permission.
And since then local businessmen Mark and Clive Hamilton-Davies have been busy finalising plans for the centre which is due to open in 2013. Building work is expected to start next summer.
You may also want to watch:
A ‘simulated ice rink’, a lazer game area, an activity zone and a soft play area will also be built it was confirmed this week, alongside the country’s largest indoor ski slope and the world’s biggest indoor climbing wall.
Clive Hamilton Davies said: “It’s great to have already secured these companies and we look forward to announcing others in due course.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
“We’re talking to a fantastic range of top brands to be a part of this major extreme sports and recreational activity development. It’s an important stage of the project.”
Deputy leader Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, said: “I am delighted to see the progress being made with this important development. We look forward to seeing building getting underway as soon as possible.”
It is part of an eventual �400million masterplan led by regeneration experts St Modwen which will see a total 1,500 homes and 450,000sq ft of employment space built over the next two decades.
Leisuredome UK, who are behind the new sports complex, believes it will help create about 1,000 jobs for the area and attract more than 500,000 visitors in its first year.