A balti - and a dream holiday
IMAGINE popping out to your favourite restaurant for a curry – and going home with two tickets for a dream trip to visit the Taj Mahal.
IMAGINE popping out to your favourite restaurant for a curry - and going home with two tickets for a dream trip to visit the Taj Mahal.
That was the scenario for one lucky curry lover last week, following a prize giveaway by Hussain's restaurant in Orchard Street.
More than 3,000 people entered the competition to win the dream trip, before Whitecross Road resident Anolzela Sulinskiene was picked out of the hat by Weston Mayor Mike Kellaway-Marriott last week.
Restaurant owner Fhahima Hussain said: "It came as a huge surprise that the winner, Anolzela Sulinskiene had once worked with us at Hussain's as a bar tender.
You may also want to watch:
"How delighted she was when she received a phone call from the mayor of Weston and his wife to inform her that she has won a free pair of return tickets to the Taj Mahal.
"It was a very exciting evening at Hussain's, for us as well as the winner herself."
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses