A look inside the new Tropicana café
- Credit: Archant
THE Mercury has taken a sneak-peek inside the new Tropicana café and bar, The Bay, which opens tomorrow (Friday).
The refurbished space has seating for 80 customers inside and 40 outside on the promenade.
The café has been created following extensive refurbishment works at the Tropicana building earlier this year.
It will be run by North Somerset Council for the time being, but the authority says it will ‘turn its attention to a procurement process to secure the long-term future of the building’.
Cllr David Pasley, the council’s executive member for property, said: “I am hugely impressed by the standard of the fit-out at The Bay, and a high-quality offer like this sends a signal about the standards we want to see throughout the town as businesses move in and invest.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope people will call in and see for themselves over the coming weeks and months, and I wish the team at The Bay every success for the season ahead.”
- 1 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 2 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 3 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 4 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery