Accountants’ expansion creates new jobs
- Credit: Archant
FOUR new jobs have been created by an independent chartered accountancy firm’s arrival in Worle.
The Local Accountant is a tax and accountancy centre which specialises in supporting small businesses and individual clients.
It has moved to a new shopfront-style office in Worle’s Station Road, thanks in part to a loan from Lloyds TSB Commercial Banking.
The firm is the brainchild of directors Steven Hillman and Ross Brinsdon, who worked together for a large accountancy firm before deciding to launch their own in Weston and Taunton back in 2010.
However, it has quickly grown to open branches in Portishead and Clevedon, and is now moving to a bigger Weston premises to cope with its growth.
You may also want to watch:
Steven said: “The new office will really help us to solidify our presence across Somerset, and to bring us closer to many of our clients who are based between the new Portishead and Taunton offices.
“We already have around 500 clients after just two years, and are looking to continue to expand this steadily across Somerset.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
And Ray Bryant, business manager for Lloyds TSB Commercial Banking, said: “The new office is great news for The Local Accountant, which has increased its footprint across Somerset substantially in its first two years of business. We’ve worked closely with Steven and Ross to provide the support they needed to expand as their firm has grown, and it’s great to see them thriving in what is a highly competitive industry.”