Airport hotel to be run by Hilton firm
- Credit: Archant
THE first hotel to be built on Bristol Airport’s grounds will be run by Hampton by Hilton.
Hilton Worldwide has agreed with building provider CIMC to partner up at the Lulsgate site under its economy brand.
Construction work on the 201-room hotel is due to start this year and open in spring 2016.
CIMC has designed the hotel using an innovative modular approach which means a lot of the building work will be carried out in China, before it is shipped to the UK.
The hotel will also have room for business meetings, a 24-hour gym and parking for up to 120 cars.
Robert Sinclair, Bristol Airport’s chief executive, said Monday’s announcement was a key part of its expansion plans.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The development of a high quality on-site hotel to be operated under such a world-renowned brand will be a very welcome addition to our facilities for the growing number of passengers choosing to fly to and from Bristol Airport.
“Alongside the terminal extension currently under construction, this is another statement of our ambition to be a world class regional airport serving the South West of the UK.”
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The airport enjoyed its busiest ever year in 2014 and wants to cater for 10million passengers annually by the end of the decade – a figure it hopes to reach by offering long-haul flights in the future.
Paul Blackmore, CIMC managing director, said: “CIMC is very happy to be working alongside Hilton Worldwide and Bristol Airport to develop a quality hotel.”