Airport’s new award
- Credit: Archant
Bristol Airport has been named as the UK’s most punctual airport after more than 85 per cent of its flights arrived and departed on time during 2015.
The airport was ranked as the 10th most timely airport worldwide after data from 50 million flight records was analysed by global aviation provider OAG.
Some 86 per cent of Bristol’s flights arrived or departed within 15 minutes of the scheduled time in 2015 and the airport’s chief executive, Robert Sinclair, said the news was ‘important’.
Mr Sinclair said: “We are delighted that Bristol Airport has been rated the UK’s most punctual airport for the second year running, and one of the 10 best airports in the world in terms of on-time performance.
“In our busy modern world where time is precious, knowing that – nine times out of 10 – your flight will operate on time is important.
You may also want to watch:
“Of course, delays do still occur, but with uncongested airspace providing flexibility in the event of any disruption, we are in a strong position to keep inconvenience to our passengers to a minimum. This resilience is another reason increasing numbers of passengers from the South West and Wales are choosing to fly from Bristol.”
The news comes as the airport announced it will be putting on extra flights to and from Paris in February and March for customers watching the Six Nations.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
Extra flights from airline bmi regional will operate between Bristol and Paris on February 12, 13, 27 and 28, while more flights are also scheduled for March 18, 19 and 20. These will accommodate fans watching the Wales v France game in Cardiff on February 26 and the France v England game on March 19.