Affordable funeral directors opens in Weston
- Credit: Archant
A funeral business is hoping to bring affordable services to Weston.
AJ Lock Caring Funerals has opened in Mead Vale, in Nightingale Court, last month and is the new venture of Sonia Royce and Tony Lock.
The pair met while working for another Weston funeral director but set out on their own to launch a more affordable price to its customers.
Mr Lock said: “We wanted to give people cheaper funerals.
“It was always frustrating when people would come to see us previously and say they only had £3,000 to spend and we could not do anything for them.
You may also want to watch:
“Now we can do funerals for half that, both traditional and more specialist funerals.”
They have 10 years’ experience between them and hope to bring something new to the industry.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
Since opening they have already been inundated with services.