Alanbrookes to host charity coffee morning
- Credit: Archant
A Weston-super-Mare accounting company is hosting a coffee and cake morning on Friday to raise money for Macmillan cancer support.
Having recently opened an office in the town, Alanbrookes client manager, Kevin Dodd, wanted to do something good for the community and raise money for a worthy cause.
There will be coffees and cakes available for purchase, with all proceeds going to the cancer charity.
As well as this, there will be a number of original paintings available for auction, once again raising money for the charity.
Mr Dodd said: “We just wanted to do something different and something to help others. When you come to a new place, as a business, it is difficult to meet people and other businesses.
You may also want to watch:
“But we also wanted to raise money for a good cause. As a business we have a lot of charity involvement and Macmillan is one that everyone can relate to.
“The coffee mornings seem to be really popular.
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 3 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 4 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 5 Weston hospital doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 6 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 9 Freedom Day: North Somerset responds to lockdown easing delay
- 10 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
“We also have local artist, Alan Port, who has painted four pictures for us and we will have them displayed. We are hoping to auction them off and all proceeds will then of course go to Macmillan as well.”
The coffee morning will be held on April 22 (Friday) at Alanbrookes Ltd, 48 Boulevard, Weston from 10am-2pm.