Another award for Weston project
THE multi-million pound seafront enhancement project in Weston has been recognised with an award.
The Institute of Civil Engineers has declared North Somerset Council’s �29miliion flood defence improvements the winner in its South West Major Scheme category.
This follows hot on the heels of the commendation for the scheme from the Concrete Society and also recognition from the Considerate Constructors scheme where it gained a silver award.
The project has also been named the engineering excellence (infrastructure) winner by the Association of Consulting Engineers.
The council’s �3.9miliion scheme to redevelop Pier Square has also been recognised after being declared the winner of the pedestrian environment category in the 2011 Street Design Awards.
You may also want to watch:
This project is also the recipient of the 2011 paving award from the Worshipful Company of Paviors.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced