Cidermaker invites apple growers for tour of Myrtle Farm
- Credit: Archant
Apple growers were invited to Thatchers Cider in Sandford to meet the cidermakers and enjoy a tour of the mill.
Thatchers has a network of growers throughout the West Country, from Somerset and Devon to Hertfordshire.
Managing director Martin Thatcher said: “As a cidermaker we like to use specific varieties of apple to create the characteristics we are looking for in our ciders.
“It’s important therefore our growers really understand their apples, and have an appreciation of how that contributes to our cider.”
Quality manager, Richard Johnson, said: “We are really proud of the relationship we have with all our apple growers.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks to the close relationship we have with them, we are happy to pay a premium in what’s a highly competitive market.
“Going that extra mile means that our growers know they are a part of our extended family producing fantastic, world-class ciders.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston