AN APPRENTICE from Wedmore has been chosen from thousands of competitors to win third place at JTL s national awards ceremony which celebrates the achievements of apprentices from England and Wales.
AN APPRENTICE from Wedmore has been chosen from thousands of competitors to win third place at JTL's national awards ceremony which celebrates the achievements of apprentices from England and Wales.
Mark Tilbee, who works for Pulse Services Ltd in Wells, represented the South West at the JTL ceremony in the Tower of London last month,
JTL is the leading training provider to the building services engineering sector.
The electrical apprentice was up against nine other regional finalists and won third place. He received �1,000 and a plaque.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old said: "I was amazed when I won the South West region best apprentice award and it was a great feeling to be put forward for the national title.
"I never imagined that I would get this far, especially competing against so many great people.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston