Artist scoops $2,000 international prize
A GLASS art supplier has handed out a cheque for $2,000 to the winner of its international competition.
Warm Glass UK, based in Wrington, ran several classes to reward novices and experienced artists for their pieces.
Linda Norris, who scooped the top prize, is set to put the money towards a nine-day conference for international artists.
Director Pippa Bluck said it had received over 200 entries and praised the winners.
She said: “The standard of this year’s entries has been amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the eighth year we have run the competition and it seems to grow and grow all the time. “It has become an esteemed award within the industry and we’re really proud to be able to offer a platform for the artists who enter.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 5 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site