Award for enterprise agency ‘driving force’
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN heralded as the driving force behind the growing North Somerset Enterprise Agency has won a top award in recognition of her contribution to Weston’s business sector.
Angela Hicks, the agency’s chairman, scooped the chairman’s special award at the National Enterprise Network awards – the highest accolade at the awards.
The prize recognises excellence in the sector and was presented to Angela in recognition of her contribution to enterprise support over the past 27 years.
She joined the agency in 1987 as business support worker, becoming general manager in 1989 and chief executive in 1996. In that time the not-for-profit organisation has helped more than 3,000 new companies to start up and more than 3,500 local jobs to be created. This year, she has overseen its move to new HQ The Hive.
Angela said: “This award is totally unexpected. However I am thrilled and grateful to have been chosen as the recipient for this year’s chairman’s award.
You may also want to watch:
“I am proud to serve North Somerset and the start-up and small business community and be part of a fantastic team of advisors and support staff who pride themselves on making a real and positive difference to the success of enterprise in our area.”
- 1 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 4 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 7 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 8 Green candidate announced for village ward in by-election
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense