Award for Sue’s charity work
- Credit: Archant
A WORLE woman has been given an award for her exceptional fundraising for the Bone Cancer Research Trust.
Now she has won an award with Lloyds Bank after her colleagues nominated her. She went to London on November 20 and met Lord Blackwell and TV presenter Gethin Jones at a celebratory lunch.
She said: “I was honoured to hear that so many of my colleagues had nominated me.
“I really couldn’t have done it without them and wouldn’t be where I am now with raising awareness and fundraising, so would like to thank everyone for their continued support and for their donations.”
Sue has organised golf days and aerobathons, and run the London Marathon and more for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It really means a lot to me. I would like to thank Hutton Moor, Worlebury Golf Club and Weston Rugby Club for their support in letting us hold events at their venue.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable