Awards for health and safety
TWO shops in the Weston-super-Mare's Sovereign Shopping Centre have been recognised for high standards of health and safety compliance.
TWO shops in the town's Sovereign Shopping Centre have been recognised for high standards of health and safety compliance.
Mothercare and the Early Learning Centre won the large store category award.
The staff received a certificate of achievement and a team meal or vouchers to the value of �250.
The small store category was awarded to Gig's who also received a certificate and a team meal or vouchers to the value of �125.
You may also want to watch:
The centre's annual award scheme was created to promote a positive health and safety culture throughout the shopping centre which has been regularly commended by third party professionals for its high standards of compliance.
Centre manager, Nick Cooke, said: "This year it has been particularly difficult to pick winners for each of the two categories because of the generally high levels achieved by shops throughout the centre.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
"Maintaining creditable standards of health and safety compliance is good for business and ensures that the centre is both a safe place for staff to work and customers to shop.