Awards for top North Somerset businesses
- Credit: Archant
FLAGSHIP businesses and influential leaders in North Somerset were celebrated in a recent awards ceremony.
More than 103 entrepreneurs and companies from the region were nominated for the North Somerset Business Awards.
Among the 12 winners were Alliance Homes, North Somerset Council and Weston College. The Grand Pier walked away with the Business Of The Year award.
Pier co-owner Michelle Michael said: “We were delighted to be recognised by winning Business Of The Year, especially since our business is three years old this month.
“Winning an award such as this always creates a great buzz amongst our team and demonstrates why it is so important to keep standards and customer service high. We look forward to retaining it next year.”
You may also want to watch:
The world-renowned explorer Sir Ranulph Feines hosted the ceremony and handed out the awards.
Awards founder Andrew Scott said: “This was a truly special occasion.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
“The best of business was showcased on the night and we were proud to host so many influential leaders across business, government and education.”
The annual awards were held at the DoubleTree by Hilton, Cadbury House last week.
The full list of winners:
Sustainability in business – Alliance Homes Group
Marketing Campaign of the Year – North Somerset Council
Business in the Community – Curzon Community Cinema
Training Initiative Award – Weston College
Employer of the Year – Weston College
Innovation of the Year – Staff Guardian
Customer Excellence Award – Castelan Group
Sian Lloyd-Jones Business Award – Lite Tile
Small Business of the Year – Pursuit Training Ltd
Young Business Person of the Year – Gemma Hughes, Dowlas
Entrepreneur of the Year – Hayden Rushton, Britannia Windows
Business of the Year – The Grand Pier