Banwell businesswoman seeks crowdfunding
- Credit: Archant
A North Somerset mum has launched a crowdfunding campaign to get her new product to help tackle toddlers’ tantrums on the market.
Mum-of-two Sally Marks has launched a reward board called the Totsup Big Red Bus.
It is a magnetic board shaped like a bus with detachable passengers which can be used as a reward system for children. But what makes this different from other behaviour charts is it has an app which works alongside it so parents can keep track of the reward board while out and about.
The board was created to encourage positive behaviour in two to six-year-olds.
Sally said: “I wanted a reward system that could be used to encourage positive behaviour at home, in school or when out and about.
You may also want to watch:
“I couldn’t find anything portable, so I have designed a product that combines a reward chart with an exclusive app for use anywhere.”
Sally worked with educational psychologist Emma Leigh when creating the product.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 8 Doctor and cancer nurse recognised in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
Ms Leigh said: “Acknowledgement and praise is crucial, and these positive messages can be aided by using a reward chart like the Totsup Big Red Bus. With this visual reminder and injection of fun, children can find it easier to engage with and achieve their goals.”
The Totsup bus will be released in June this year and Sally is using the crowdfunding platform Crowdfunder to raise funds to launch the product.
Anyone who pledges to support the project will get the chance to pre-order the product before it hits the shelves and have it personalised.