Banwell Post Office to move
- Credit: Archant
PROPOSALS have been put forward to move Banwell Post Office to a new site.
The plans would mean the branch would move just 100 metres down the road, from 24 to 38 West Street.
If it goes ahead, the modernised store will have extended open hours and will open seven days a week.
Customers have been invited to give their comments on the move in a six-week public consultation.
If the move goes ahead, it will be in October this year.
You may also want to watch:
The premises will need to change the step outside to make it wheelchair friendly and include a hearing loop inside for deaf people.
Post Office regional network manager, Will Russell, said: “We understand how important having a post office is to residents in the area and we are confident that this new modern branch will make it easier for our customers to do business with us and also secure services for the future.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
“The modernisation is part of a major investment programme to convert the post office network to new-style branches and this investment, the largest in the history of the post office, makes a commitment to no more branch closure programmes.”
Opening hours at the proposed new location will be Monday to Saturday 8am-10pm and Sunday 9am-10pm. Services which will be available at the new branch include automated banking, bill and budget payment schemes, Post Office card account and postage.
Submissions from the public can be made during the consultation by email to email@example.com or by calling 08457 223344.
Consultation will end on September 11.