Beauty salon is top five in the country
A BEAUTY salon has been picked as one of the top five salons in the UK.
The Barn, in Church Lane, Badgworth, was one of five finalists at a black-tie awards ceremony for the Professional Beauty Awards 2013.
The salon, based in a 100-year-old barn, was set up four-and-a-half years ago by Kelly Hooper, who once attended Weston College.
She said: “I had a vision to create a sanctuary that was not just a beauty salon and not just a spa - but a combination of the two. A brand new category - a haven offering an experience of total luxury and relaxation whether someone wants to take 25 minutes out for a pedicure, or indulge in a whole day of pampering.”
Kelly, who has won Hair and Beauty Employer of the Year in the Excellence in Business Training Awards, built the business with an ethos of care and attention to detail.
You may also want to watch:
Six therapists from the Barn also raised money for the restoration of a 14th century church that sits behind the salon by working for free and donating the money. The salon was the first in the South West to offer fish pedicures and HD brows.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 6 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
- 7 Weston mum and daughter shocked after day-long litter pick
- 8 Weston people wanted for film to promote town
- 9 Urgent call for Covid vaccine volunteers in North Somerset
- 10 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts