Best buds open Boutique Burlesque
TWO friends who wanted a change in career have decided to set up their own lingerie shop and will be donating cash to Breast Cancer Awareness.
Owners Sue Robinson and Lesley Stokes have been friends for 20 years and are excited to finally open their store Boutique Burlesque, in Orchard Street, Weston this month.
Lesley said: “We both realised Weston needed a lingerie shop offering a bra fitting service.
“So we attended a specialised bra fitting course in Leicester, and are now able to use a new five point system without a tape measure to fit ladies in the correct bra, as 80 per cent of women are currently wearing the wrong size.”
The duo will be selling a wide range of lingerie which will include first bras for teenage girls, shape wear, pregnancy, mastectomy and sports bras, and a selection of hosiery.
You may also want to watch:
Lesley said: “Some of our collection is only available to purchase in Harrods, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.”
Boutique Burlesque will hold two open days on Friday and Saturday offering 20 per cent discount and will make a donation to Breast Cancer Awareness.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Voice your views on roads, footpaths and cycling routes in North Somerset
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
The store will also have a re-cycle bin for women to bring in their old bras which will go to others in Africa.