Best in the business
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON care entrepreneur and his company have both been named ‘most outstanding in the UK’ at a national awards ceremony.
Peter Angelides is the owner of Abacare, which provides live-in, hourly and dementia care across the UK, and will be opening its first branch in Weston early next year.
He and his business received the accolades at the annual UK Over 50s Housing Awards in London, with the company picking up its title for the second-straight year.
Mr Angelides said after the ceremony: “It was a real honour to walk away with the title of most outstanding care agency in the UK for a second year in a row.
“I am also absolutely thrilled to have been named the most outstanding leader in the care sector in the UK in 2015, but I couldn’t have done all I do without the hard work and dedication of the team.”
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this year, Mr Angelides was shortlisted for another business award, the care entrepreneur of the year title at the LaingBuisson Awards.
He has previously campaigned to improve the ‘poorly-paid’ image of working in the care sector, and looked to provide flexible contracts for staff over the past year.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
The agency has also recently received an Investors In People award for its staff training and development for a fourth year in a row.