BID and Mercury join forces to save you cash
- Credit: Archant
A REVAMPED discount scheme offering big savings to Weston shoppers is set to be launched – and businesses are being asked to sign up.
Weston’s Business Improvement District (BID) team will make key fobs available for Mercury readers to snap up discounts in participating retailers.
The Weston Super Saver key rings will be launched exclusively in the Mercury next month, with readers asked to collect two tokens to swap for a key ring.
Readers will then be able to present their key ring to participating businesses to qualify for money off and special deals.
The BID team has about 50 businesses on board, with some prepared to offer discounts of up to 20 per cent on their services or goods.
You may also want to watch:
But the group is looking for more businesses to get involved.
BID spokesman Martin Slade said: “We were running the existing scheme, which was just for business owners and their staff, for a few months and we recognised that we need to improve it – this is the way to do that.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 5 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 6 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
“We are always very keen to help our members.
“It is important to recognise that a lot of independent traders are swamped by the massive marketing expense of the national companies.
“I suspect this will give them the chance to compete.
“A range of businesses from hairdressers to services to people selling items and goods are involved.
“We have already got a range of businesses offering 20 per cent discounts which I think is a good offer.
“The aim is to attract a much wider audience and encouraging members of the public to shop locally by offering the local deals and discounts.”
? If you would like to have an offer for your business included in the scheme, email Martin Slade on email@example.com