Big Brother winner’s new bar venture
WESTON Big Brother winner Aaron Allard-Morgan and his partner have opened a new bar with a difference.
Mr Allard-Morgan and his partner Faye Palmer, who was also a participant on the Channel Five series last year, have opened Barzinger in St James Street.
As well as being open as a bar and caf�, the new establishment will also look to offer a platform for youngsters in Weston to gain qualifications and apprenticeships.
And the bar will also be a venue for filming over the summer, as Channel Five will shoot reaction to the next Big Brother and for its Big Brother’s Bit on the Side.
Among the qualifications which will be offered through registering with Riverside Training are numeracy, communication and information technology.
You may also want to watch:
Profits from the business itself will be reinvested to create more training opportunities and to expand the business.
Mr Allard-Morgan sees the new scheme as a way of giving back something to his hometown, saying he was grateful for the support he received throughout the show, which he won on November 11.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 5 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
He said: “The vision of Barzinger is to help young people looking to get into the industry, by offering apprenticeships with routes to gaining industry qualifications and getting one-on-one mentoring from myself, Faye and duty manager Jay Merrick.
“Barzinger has been set up with the hope of giving something back to the people of Weston by creating opportunities to develop and learn new skills.
“I appreciate how hard it is for young people to find employment with little experience, so hopefully we can provide a platform for people to learn and gain recognised qualifications.
“We’re already looking at places in Clevedon, Bridgwater, Bristol and Cardiff to create more off-shots of the Zinger range, including restaurants, cafes and bars.”
Barzinger is open from 8am everyday serving beverages and light snacks, and has a fully-licensed bar.
You can follow Barzinger on Twitter and Facebook.