Bond night raises £1,000
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON bar has helped raise £1,000 towards the RNLI’s appeal with a Bond-themed casino night.
Bonds Wine Bar in Walliscote Road put on the glitzy fundraiser on Thursday in aid of the lifeboat organisation’s £300,000 push for money to build a new lifeboat station to replace its crumbling Birnbeck Pier base.
Those at the event dressed as Bond characters including Scaramanga, Goldfinger and Bond girls and enjoyed a blackjack table and a roulette wheel.
The event raised £500, which the bar’s landlord, of Skylight Property Services, then doubled.
Manager James Willis-Boden said: “It went really well, there were quite a few people in here.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone really enjoyed it and it’s something different.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced