Charity hands Worle opticians a national award
- Credit: Sub
A family-run opticians in the heart of Worle has been handed an award.
Bowen Opticians has been recognised by the National Autistic Society for its commitment to support people on the autistic spectrum.
Staff at the business, in High Street, have made it their mission to raise awareness of autism within their community.
They took part in World Autism Week earlier this year to raise money for the charity by holding a raffle and information sessions about the disability.
Manager Stephanie Swire said: “It is a topic close to our hearts since some of us have personal connections with autism.”
You may also want to watch:
Director Fiona Bromfield said: “It is all about understanding. I would urge anyone, especially those who work with the public, to educate themselves on autism.
“It is a small thing for us but it could make the world of difference to them.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend