BREAKING NEWS: Developer drops Trop bid
HAVARD Tisdale has pulled out of a bidding process to regenerate Weston’s Tropicana, the Weston Mercury can exclusively reveal.
The Wiltshire-based firm was competing with town businessman Richard Nightingale to provide a swimming pool at the former seafront attraction, but today (Thurs) the Mercury understands the company has dropped its scheme.
The abandoned project was for a seven-storey-high leisure complex with an 80-bed hotel, 60 flats and swimming pool.
The news means a public exhibition set for tomorrow (Fri) displaying the two bidders’ projects has been cancelled by North Somerset Council.
Richard Nightingale, whose rival blueprint is entirely leisure focused, is now the only bidder left in the EU procurement process being run by the unitary authority.
You may also want to watch:
For more updates on this breaking story, keep logging on to www.westonmercury.co.uk
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced