‘Brilliant’ Weston-super-Mare Jobs Fair ‘better than ever’ – Penrose
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare MP John Penrose has hailed his ‘brilliant’ spring jobs fair as a success.
More jobseekers than ever flocked to Weston College on Tuesday to meet employers and learn about volunteering and apprenticeship opportunities in North Somerset.
Mr Penrose told the Mercury: “The jobs fair was better than ever. We had more firms and organisations, and more jobseekers than ever too.
“The feedback from hirers and jobseekers was the best we’ve ever seen.
“Our sponsors were brilliant. Thanks to Bristol Airport, Weston College, McDonald’s, Brandon Trust and, of course, the Mercury.
You may also want to watch:
“And I can’t forget my team either – they’ve been superb too.”
The number of employers at the fair was up by 50 per cent on September’s fair, and Mr Penrose has confirmed the spring jobs fair is here to stay.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 10 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
Mr Penrose added: “It’s great to be able to help and to be part of Weston’s economic rebirth – simple as that.”