Popular hardware store relaunches with expanded range
- Credit: Archant
The chain has been cut on a popular town centre hardware store which has relaunched with a greatly expanded range.
IM Tools in Burnham's Regent Street has rebranded itself Burnham Tool & Hardware after taking on stock from Home Hardware which closed in August.
Owner Martin Hallier said he was sad to see Home Hardware close and wanted to support its customers.
He said: "It was a big loss to our town which I could not bear so I thought I'd take up the challenge of incorporating the two business's ethos."
"I have taken on some of their stock and am looking for a bigger premises."
You may also want to watch:
Burnham mayor Andy Brewer used bolt cutters to cut a metal chain across the shop's doorway to mark the relaunch on Saturday.
Cllr Brewer said: "It's encouraging to see such co-operation between businesses and it's great that Burnham will continue to have a hardware shop."
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced