Bus firm invests in its people
- Credit: Archant
A WESTON bus firm has been recognised at a regional awards ceremony for investment in its workforce.
Jon Jones-Pratt, head of Crosville Motor Services, which runs a number of services in the town, picked up the Skills For Growth award at the Somerset Business Awards.
Crosville has been operating since 1906 but was acquired by Mr Jones-Pratt in 2005, and began operating services in Weston in 2011.
Since then, more than 30 buses have been brought to the town operating across seven local services.
Mr Jones-Pratt said: “We recognise that it is critical to invest in people and to win a locally-driven, prestigious award is something to be proud of.
You may also want to watch:
“We are absolutely delighted and it has been a career milestone to bring Crosville Motor Services to life in Somerset and without our staff, we wouldn’t be here.”
Weston-based Broadway Lodge was named runner-up in the Charity of the Year category, while Holiday Resort Unity, which owns Brean Leisure Park, was runner-up as Family Business of the Year.
- 1 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 4 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters
- 9 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation