Bus-y summer for unique takeaway firm
- Credit: Archant
A Sandford businesswoman who turned to a North Somerset agency to get her business off the ground is celebrating after filling up her business calendar for the year ahead.
Olivia Barnes launched Top Deck Tatties in May last year, with the aim of serving food on a restored 1980s double-decker bus to tourists at events and festivals.
The bus, nicknamed Nora, was found in a Wiltshire farm after a previous life as a hospitality vehicle for a red-top newspaper, but has been lovingly restored to operate as a kitchen and bar.
Ms Barnes turned to North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) to help get the business off the ground, and said its range of contacts had been invaluable in getting the name of the business well-known within the industry.
It will now serve hungry visitors to Weston beach after winning the tender to operate at the Uphill end of the sands, as well as at events throughout North Somerset and beyond over the summer months.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “NSEA has an amazing range of knowledge and connections so are able to advise on almost every type of business, and their planning process keeps you grounded and focused.
“Starting a business has been a huge learning curve but we love what we do. We get to travel and enjoy the festivals, as well as managing and inspiring a terrific bunch of people and going the extra mile for our customers, which includes very early trips to suppliers to get the best offers locally but well worthwhile as customers tell us they can taste the difference in food quality.”
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation