Business ball recognises North Somerset’s finest
THOUSANDS of pounds were raised for charity when 150 North Somerset business people came together for a glitzy annual ball.
North Somerset Enterprise Agency’s business club staged its 14th annual celebration at the Winter Gardens.
The event itself raised �3,500, and that sum was matched by Santander Business Banking – with half of the total now going to Weston Hospicecare, and the rest to be divided among local courses through the year.
The event saw awards handed to thriving new businesses in the area, including Clevedon’s Pure Comms, Banwell’s Thermal Roof Ltd and Weston’s Plum Communications and PR.
Santander’s Hayley Beaumont said: “This year’s grand charity ball has proved to be another amazing success and has given us the opportunity through the Sian Lloyd-Jones Business Awards to celebrate local business talent.
You may also want to watch:
“Starting a business can be daunting but, as the saying goes, fortune favours the brave and it has been our pleasure to present awards to people who have shown courage and determination to make their businesses succeed.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 6 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 Scores enjoy village scarecrow trail based on TV characters