Business gives children chance to play outside
- Credit: Archant
A BLEADON mother of two has created a new business to encourage young children to get outdoors and learn about the natural environment.
Sarah Trevitt has created Nature Kids to give children aged under five exciting ideas and activities to help them safely explore woodlands and learn about science and nature through play.
Sarah said: “Most mums around here want their children to have more opportunities to play outside safely.
“What Nature Kids offers is the chance for preschoolers to explore, get mucky and make things outdoors, while learning a little about the environment along the way. Above all, it’s enormous fun – after all, muddy kids are happy kids.”
Each session has a different theme, and Sarah leads the children through science-based experiment or nature-themed craft activities.
You may also want to watch:
These include building giant bird nests, creating dens or making creatures to fly or float.
Nature Kids sessions take place twice a week in Weston Woods and Bleadon, running for six weeks during term time.
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 3 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 4 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 5 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 6 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
The next session is on September 16 and all children need to be accompanied by a parent or carer.