Business hub officially opened
- Credit: Neil Phillips Photography
A FLAGSHIP business hub serving North Somerset has officially been opened in Weston’s growing Business Quarter.
MP John Penrose cut the ribbon to open the new workspace and development centre - known as The Hive - on Tuesday.
North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) owns and manages the centre and will offer support and advice to new or expanding local businesses.
The site, which is based on the former airfield in Weston Park, has 20,000sq ft of office space for up to 60 tenants.
Those behind the scheme hope it will become an enterprise hub, and since NSEA moved into the building in May it has been joined by DM Optics, Abersea Engineering, Green Frog Connect and Joyce Oliver Wealth Management.
You may also want to watch:
NSEA chief executive Angela Hicks said: “Now, when an individual in our community has an idea for a new business - a business that over time, if nurtured and grown, will contribute to the economy and perhaps create jobs - they can come here, not only for advice, but for everything that a small business needs in its crucial early months and years.”
Mr Penrose said: “Initiatives like The Hive are crucial to provide all the advice, encouragement and support which fledgling firms need to grow.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 6 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 7 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
- 10 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
“The Hive has the potential to be a huge help to Weston’s economy. We need young businesses to flourish, and it provides great conditions for them to do so.”