Business leaders praise showcase event
- Credit: citizenside.com
MORE than 200 business leaders from North Somerset visited Weston to see the commercial and investment opportunities available in the town.
The Weston Showcase event highlighted new developments including Dolphin Square, Weston College and Weston Package.
The event included a breakfast debate, an exhibition and a coach tour of the town centre and the J21 Enterprise Area with 72 acres of land ready to be built on.
Elfan Ap Rees, deputy leader for North Somerset Council, said exhibitors the same event last year had received active enquiries and potential tenants as a result of being present at the showcase.
He said: “I’m delighted to report that early feedback indicates that this year’s event has resulted in a significant interest being shown in various sites and projects across Weston which will hopefully result in more business activity in the area over the coming months.”
You may also want to watch:
The event promoted the progress that had already been made at key sites across the town, as well as plans and projects in the pipeline.
Ben Trickey of Summerfield Developments (South West) said: “The last 12 months have shown that Weston is a place for development and investment, with projects being delivered both in and out of town.
- 1 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 4 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 7 Father's Day: Children's messages to their dads
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 10 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
“The companies and employers of the region are being made aware of the excellent demographics of Weston, the superb education and training offered and the excellent road, rail and air connections.”
The event received positive feedback from those who attended, and provided valuable networking opportunities.
Kim Batchelor of Pure Offices (Weston), said: “The Weston Showcase is an excellent event, well organised, interesting and informative, as well as a great networking opportunity.”