Business sets up worldwide competition
A GLASS company is setting up a competition for artists around the world.
Warm Glass UK is looking for enthusiasts to submit contemporary kiln glass entries to win one of three prestigious titles.
The company, based in Wrington, is offering a first prize worth �500.
Its director, Pippa Bluck, said: “It is more exciting than ever and this year, with no specific theme for the competition, we are really looking forward to seeing what innovative ideas artists can come up with.
“The great thing about this prize is that anyone who works with glass can enter, regardless of experience or artistic taste.
You may also want to watch:
“There are some fabulous prizes on offer and we’ve had some really exciting entries in previous years.
“This is an international competition but it’s always great to see South West artists enter.”
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 9 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset
There are three categories, including one for professional artists and another for students.
Submissions must be made by March 20 and the winner announced on April 13.