Business show to promote Weston
COMPANIES behind major Weston development projects at Dolphin Square and the former airfield will be among the exhibitors at a major new business show.
A one-off event highlighting opportunities for firms looking to expand or relocate in the Weston area is being staged at the Winter Gardens on March 23.
McLaren Life, which is currently working on the first phase of a huge retail and leisure regeneration of the Dolphin Square area, and Leisuredome, behind a �50million ski slope project on the outskirts of town, are among those exhibiting.
St Modwen, which is developing officers at Locking Parklands, and well-known names like Bristol Airport, Weston College and Knightstone Housing Association are also attending.
The Weston Showcase event will feature debates on business, a bus tour of key employment sites, and a walking tour of Weston town centre.
You may also want to watch:
North Somerset Council deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees is encouraging firms to attend the event and find out more about local opportunities.
He said: “With the recently announced multi-million pound improvements to the road network around junction 21 and development land available with planning permission, there’s never been a better time to locate or expand your business in Weston.
- 1 New card and gift shop to open in Weston retail park
- 2 50 staff isolating after Covid outbreak at Weston pub
- 3 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 4 From Hornets RFC to England: The rise of Curtis Langdon
- 5 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 6 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 7 Public consultation begins on proposed improvements along the A38
- 8 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 9 New parliamentary boundaries will be 'more democratic', says Weston MP
- 10 Elton John to perform in Bristol next year
“This showcase is a one-off opportunity to find out about the benefits of coming to Weston, including great communication links and a skilled workforce.”
The event will run from 10am-4pm. To find out more, call 01934 426907.