Businesses report successful Easter weekend
- Credit: Archant
A MOSTLY bright and sunny bank holiday weekend brought visitors to Weston, with businesses reporting more footfall than last year.
Visitors and locals alike took to the seafront and Marine Lake to enjoy an ice-cream or a ride on a donkey with temperatures reaching highs of about 18-19 degrees on Monday.
They made use of the many restaurants, bars and hotels in the area, with owners and managers describing it as a ‘fantastic’ weekend, at the end of an equally successful school holiday period.
John Tsaroullas, owner of Nick’s Bar in Knightstone Road, said: “It was quite successful this Easter compared to last year.
“We had nice weather, except for Sunday where it was a bit rainy. There were a lot of holidaymakers.
You may also want to watch:
“The seafront in Weston has improved but the weather is the key thing and it brought tourists and locals out.”
David McCubbin, the manager of the Seaquarium, said the number of visitors to the attraction was up across all four days compared to 2013.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 8 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 9 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 10 5 things to do in North Somerset this weekend
He said: “We had a really good weekend. Far better than last year. If it’s a nice day, lots of people come to Weston.
“Sunday was our busiest day where people were looking for something indoors. It has been really positive.
“I think the key thing for us is the perception of the Somerset area being flooded seems to have passed.
“We feel reasonably positive about the summer and rest of the year ahead.”
Chris Partridge, manager of the Cabot Court Hotel pub on the seafront, said: “It was fantastic. It was a record weekend for us for food sales. We are all very, very happy.”